Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Radioroom

The radio room is very nice, at my college. It's dark, with only a few old lamps in the corners. The walls are wheat-colored with a dark green ceiling. I walked in to lend a few CDs from artists I'd offered to share. The room had a combination of smells that were quite peculiar, like hashish and pot at the same time. It's a given they smoke something, what with them constantly playing The Doors or Yes. Don't get me wrong, I love those bands, it's just I like to listen to them without having to look at my hands every 5 minutes.
I wrestled with some programming with one of the computers at the college today. Computers are just like women: some of them take a long time before you get to talk back. I mean, MS-Dos programming, OK, done it. Easy, old stuff. It took me 6 hours to get one thing done. At least I managed to understand the main functions and commands. Then I went to this guy who is the computer nerd. Freaking genius. Has a 98% avg. in Linear Algebra and aced all his tests in Differential Calculus. Helped me out. Great guy.
I saw Neroli today. Yesterday she wouldn't stop looking at me and smile, but today she didn't even bother to sit with me between courses, and I was alone! She's very attractive, I'll give her that much, but she's still not above casual conversation. I guess we were able to weathertalk, but that's as fun as poking a dead squirrel with my index finger: fun for a very brief moment, then after the realisation of how little cerebral activity is necessary, you stop and wipe your finger with a cloth that was dunked in sulfuric acid.


No comments: