Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Harvest moon and bad memories

Sharp red moon on the eastern sky. The crabs' claws are manifest on its' surface; it's wonderful to be able to walk home without being stopped by militia for papers. We Canadians take our comfort for granted: instead of viewing our freedom as a gift that previous generations have worked for with toil and blood, we look at other countries, countries we arrogantly call "Develloping Countries". Really, I wonder sometimes if living in Canada is not too easy. I remember Africa: presidential guards, thousands, with tanks and armored vehicules. Guns. Amputated children. And Gabon is better off than most African nations. Little do North-Americans understand, and I am a Canadian citizen. I was born in Gabon, Africa, but I am a Canadian citizen...because of what? Because I am one of the lucky souls who have parents native to Canada.
Harvest moon, and soon an eclipse. I might go, but I'm afraid it's only going to recall bad memories. Probably better off studying for that 96% average.


No comments: