Saturday, September 11, 2004

And this is where I have a positive denouement

I did roughly 9(-ish) hours of homework today. It was pretty awesome: I would alternate between different mathematical subjects, Linear Algebra, Differential Calculus and basic Integral Calculus. I feel that I've gained a few thousand neuron connections in my brain through this mathematical marathon.
Tomorrow won't be as bad, however, as to I have done gargantuous amounts of work on my schedule. I think I may be able to go outside...to peep at the sun and all that's green. My room is green actually, with wheat-ish yellow as a secondary color. I picked a pretty flashy green and when the sun hits a certain angle, usually around 1-2 o'clock PM, my room looks like it recently got exposed to stereotypical radioactive material.
I talked with a friend of my parents' yesterday evening. He gave me a few pointers on studying methods. I personally like this one I heard from my friends' aunt: have multiple books laid out in front of you, on the ground, bed, table, tablemonkey, hippopotamus' belly, anything relatively large in area and flat (that's why I like the hippo's belly) and alternate reading/writing to another book, every 20-30 minutes. That works well for me. I can get a huge amount of work done under a couple of hours. A friend at my college says he stands up when he gets tired. Drinks a lot of water and eats something with simple carbs like maple syrup. Then again, he sleeps rarely more than 6 hours. He's a machine. Looks kinda weird too.
Music helps me a lot. I can get a decent pace, and as long as the music plays, I keep working. Miles Davis, or general Jazz, is good. I've listened Fire Garden (http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=438&pf%5Fid=SVCD06&band%5Fid=208&sfid=2) by Steve Vai at least a million times. I think there's a song called "Aching Hungered Heart", or something like that, and it sounds a bit like some old-school Genesis. I like it a lot. I'm a big fan of Genesis, and Phil Collins is an amazing drummer/vocalist.

Gotta love apple sauce.

No comments: