Tuesday, September 07, 2004

A really big show

Tomorrow. Tomorrow decides if I can survive this year of CEGEP. Tomorrow will decide if the path to Medecine is feasible. Tomorrow decides if I will utter, one day, the hippocratic oath (http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_hippocratic_oath.htm). Can tomorrow wait?
Alright, so tomorrow is pretty big for me, as you may see :). But, really, the reason is simple: I have a math test, and I hate math. OK, I don't hate all mathematical subjects. I really like trigonometry, because I used it a lot in physics. You see, I'm all for learning. Knowledge is really power, because in a way, fear is a weakness and fear is born out of ignorance. But, if somehow I could gather the mathematical knowledge of past mathematicians and have it for, say, 2 or three years, yeah, I'd be pretty happy. (Happy at being able to conjure the dead, mostly.)
The autumn leaves have arrived! They come out, timid at their new color, mocked by their green neighbours, but oh, they are much more beautiful. And the vibrant green maple will eventually change color, as will the sky, and then will begin ascending the dreadfully cold nights. The chaotic spirits of Pandemonium that wreak havoc on Hollowe'en will leave, to retreat from the biting cold. Quicky now! And then, one morning I will awake to find my once noisy and brash backyard sound asleep under its' sheets of soft white and precious silk. My cold glass windows will make the most beautiful drawings on my face, as the sun comes up, Emile Nelligan's words will finally ring home: "Oh! Comme la neige a neige'! Ma vitre est un jardin de givre!".
The nights of obsidian darkness, of suspended life, will appear and render the right moments magical. Oh! to gaze on the clear ceiling of our minds, and see our dreams reflected in the stars...
But, not yet.

No comments: